Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Sparrow the Postmodernist

Well, I have never seen any of the Pirates of the Carribean movies before, so my response probably will not be as in depth as some other people. Right before we left class we took a few notes on postmodernism, and one of the main points was that postmodernism celebrates the disorder. From all the previews and short little clips I have seen played, I would say that Jack Sparrow is postmodernism because he celebrates the disorder. In all the previews there seems to be some type of chaos or uproar going on, whether he is being chased or whether he is fighting at sea with monster type things. All of this chaos and uproar is how Jack Sparrow celebrates the disorder. That is the best guess I have based on what I have seen and know.

No comments: