Monday, December 3, 2007

Movie or Book?


I have reasons for and against both the movie and the book. I enjoy reading from the book because it leaves you free to imagine. Much of the time in class when we're reading, I think of how Denzel would act the part, and then I go from there. It gives you the freedom to make buildings and scenes look a certain way. I dislike reading from the book though because it can be rather complicated to understand. You can read over the line, but the way that you inflect can change how you interpret a sentence or whole entire conversation. I enjoy the movie because it helps to visualize what is going on. Hearing the characters actually speak helps to better understand what's being said and what's going on. When we read from the book, we may miss certains puns or jokes that are going on, but the movie helps to tie it all together. The only problem I have with the movie is that some of the acting is pretty crappy. Even though the director left certain parts of the movie out, I still enjoy it. The director seemed to assign different emotions to certain characters at different points in the movie that don't necessarily fit with the book, but I still think it's pretty good. I guess if I absolutely had to choose between the movie or the book, I'd have to go with the movie.

No comments: